"Private note to be shared"

Sunday, January 12, 2014

On 5:57 PM by Gin Alphaniarch in , , ,    No comments
It’s almost a week now and I still can’t find the solution for that 404 error that always appears on my browser each time I try to post new article or (whatever you want to call it) to my WP blog. The weird part is, it won’t allow me to post more than ten lines of sentences. It seems like there’s some kind of limit in how many characters I’m allowed to post. And the worst part is that not long after having those 404 error appearance, I will be disconnected from my hosting server. Cant’t ping it, and totally disconnected like my IP is banned or something. Did asked the hosting company and the answer was, somebody is flooding our network. Was that somebody me?
    
I did try to solve it by disabling all the plugins I have but it completely has done nothing good. That was the usual solution offered by some people on the internet other, than resetting my blog permalink setting or changing permission to my .htaccess file. The forum where I found thread with this suggestions are quiet outdated though. I think it was dated more than two years ago. Of course the WP version mentioned was different with the one we have right at this moment, version 3.8. I don’t think that my decision to update to this Parker version of WP is the possible cause of problem I have right now.

I managed to slip a post to my blog using post by e-mail feature from Jetpack. But the second time I tried, it didn’t work anymore. I think maybe it was the amount of the character I sent. Still have no clues, and the internet doesn’t help at all. The best thing I did probably was backing up my database and export all contents and comments from the blog. Well, who knows something even worse is going to happen. 

I was thinking of reinstalling this wordpress. Start from the very beginning, until I checked the error log. Found some SQL query accessing user database?, Is it just me or is it really normal to have this on the error log?. What I found next simply gave me headache. I have no experience at all about this post_template.php file stored in wp_include folder but it said that there’s error on line 387 or something. Haven’t tried to open the file yet but I’m not quiet optimist that it will solve this matter since it’s something I know nothing about. I’ll update this post once I found the answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment